Fat jokes are in bad taste. They’re mean, insulting, and they make the person who is fat feel like less of a human being.
So what can you do when someone tries fat humiliation on you by saying something awkward or inappropriate? You have two options: ignore them altogether or come back with your own witty remark to show that you won’t be pushed around.
I’ve compiled a full list of fat people comebacks that will help you tide over any fat people jokes someone may throw your way in this article. This way, you will know what to say when someone calls you fat and won’t be bullied, and you’ll come off smart too!
Best Fat People Comebacks
- It’s much harder to kidnap a fat person than a thin one, so I’ll never have to worry.
- I’m not fat; I’m just a little round.
- I’ve been called fat all my life, and it hasn’t hurt me yet.
- My weight may not be healthy, but at least I’m happy!
- I’m not overweight; I’m just easier to see.
- I’m not fat. I’m big-boned.
- I’m not obese; I’m just overweight. But you might as well be considered “slightly pregnant.”
- “It’s okay that you’re making fun of my weight. It won’t hurt my feelings or keep me up at night.”
- “I’m sorry if it makes you uncomfortable for me to eat this cake. I’ll take it outside.”
- “You see, the thing is, I’m not fat; I’m fluffy.”
- “I’d rather be fat than shallow!”
- I’ve been struggling for years to lose weight and get healthy. I haven’t succeeded yet, but you don’t see me giving up!
- “I’m not fat; I’m just a little husky.”
- I’ve been told that having a weight problem runs in our family, but luckily, the gene skipped me.
- My doctor said I’m going to die if I don’t lose some weight. So far, so good.
- If you don’t like my weight, just ignore me instead of bullying me.
- I lost weight the old-fashioned way: by eating less and exercising more! And if other people can do it this way, I’m sure it’ll work for you too.
- It’s strange that society considers being overweight unattractive when so few people are attracted to stick figures.
- It’s not my fault you’re so shallow that you judge someone by what they look like.
- “I don’t have an eating problem; I have a drinking problem.”
- If you’re going to call me fat, at least add some adjectives like “huge,” “great,” or “gigantic.”
- Wow! You’re smart, funny, and thin. Is there anything you can’t do?
- Losing weight is hard, but it’s even harder to see someone who was never fat try and fail at losing weight.
- I get called fat all the time because my face looks like a donut.
- “People think I’m fat because I eat too much. You know what? They’re absolutely right! I do eat too much!”
- It takes a lot of courage to confront people who are judging you by your looks, but I’m glad you’re here!
- My doctor says that if I keep eating this way, I’m going to be in a lot of pain. That’s okay with me.
- “You’re so fat!” “Yeah, but you’re so stupid!”
- “My doctor says that if I keep eating this way, I’m going to gain another fifty pounds. That’s okay with me.”
- “You know, there was a period in my life where I actually thought I was beautiful. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.”
- “Being fat doesn’t make you a bad person. Being mean makes you a horrible person.”
- I’m not fat; I’m just perfect!
- There’s nothing wrong with being overweight. Millions of people are overweight, so if they could get over it, I’m sure you can too.
- I don’t have a weight problem. I have a money problem.
- You’re right; being fat doesn’t make me ugly! It just makes me look like someone who has more to love.
- My doctor says that she wants me to lose weight, but I think she just wants me to buy more of her diet pills.
- “I’m not fat; you’re just skinny!”
- “I may be overweight, but at least my waistline doesn’t have an age limit!”
- I’m not overweight; I’m just better looking than you!
- I’m not fat; I’ve just been going through a growth spurt.
- At least my body is natural, unlike your face full of plastic surgery!
- “Nice try trying to insult me.”
- “What’s wrong with being fat?” “Nothing. Nothing at all!”
- “You know, you should be nicer to me since it’s not my fault I’m fat.”
- “It’s not my weight that makes people make fun of me. It’s because I’m beautiful.”
- “I don’t have a problem with eating healthily and exercising, but you have a problem with judging others.”
- If you see me going to the gym, it’s so that I have the strength to carry all my food.
- I don’t care what people say about me because I’m not aiming for perfection.
- “Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, even if that opinion is wrong.”
- Being fat isn’t something to be ashamed of. If you’re put off by it, just remember that I’m still the same person I was when I weighed less.
- “I know you think my fat makes me look unhealthy, but it’s great for hiding food when we’re going to the movies.”
- “If I’m fat, you’re anorexic.”
- You can’t hurt me with words. Words are just sounds and letters shaped by the tongue. It’s people who give them power.
- “I don’t care that people call me fat because I’m big-hearted.”
That’s it for my compilation of comebacks when someone calls you fat. Now you shouldn’t ever have to be thinking “someone called me fat, what do I say? Just use one of the many responses above or tweak them to the situation.
Remember that once you’re able to diffuse the situation with a good comeback for fat insults, just ignore the person. The more attention you give them, the more likely they are to keep on teasing you.
Dealing with people that keep fat shaming can be difficult, but remember that you are worthy of love and respect, no matter what you look like. While it’s hard to confront bullies, you don’t need their approval or validation to feel beautiful.
I hope this article was helpful and you now know what to do when someone calls you fat!